Each day for 50 days (Easter to Pentecost 2020) a different creator (artist, painter, sculptor, poet, song-writer, crafter) produced a new creation in response to the previous days creation. Each creator only saw what they are responding to when it appeared here and had about 24 hours to produce a response.
For more information check out the Rules and enjoy all of the creations
Most Recent First…
Day 37 (18-May-2020): ‘One Day I Will Fly (and The dawn Chorus in a Garden in Accra)’ by Jane Abraham
Day 17 (28-Apr-2020): ‘Sweet Names‘ Arranged by Hannah Land (2020), Words by John Newton (1779), Tune by Thomas Hastings (1837).
Day 16 (27-Apr-2020): ‘Every Cinderella’ by Mike Sherburn (video produced with Lucy and Beth Sherburn)
- Day 1 (12-Apr-2020): ‘Spectrum of Hope’ by Ailsa and Rosie Toolin
- Day 2 (13-Apr-2020): ‘Hope Comes Quietly’ by Vicky Allen (Insta: @bringonthejoy / Twitter @bringonthejoy
- Day 3 (14-Apr-2020): ‘Choose-Your-Own Hope Source’ by Amy F. Brown
- Day 4 (15-Apr-2020): ‘A Chatterbox of Inspiration’ by Jacqueline Searle (www.bibleartgifts.com / Twitter @bibleartgifts)
- Day 5 (16-Apr-2020): ‘Rise Up’ by Jo Child
- Day 6 (17-Apr-2020): ‘Lose Your Soul, but Gain the Whole World!’ by Ian Long (www.blobtree.com)
- Day 7 (18-Apr-2020): ‘Gain Your Soul’ by Jenny Spouge (https://www.facebook.com/WildAngelsTextiles/)
- Day 8 (19-Apr-2020): ‘Decide’ by Pip Herbert
- Day 9 (20-Apr-2020): ‘Look Up’ by Hayley Blakeman
- Day 10 (21-Apr-2020): ‘Imaginary Landscape’ by Ange Droz
- Day 11 (22-Apr-2020): ‘Serene, We Rejoice in Clean Air and Empty Streets’ by Stephen Spicer (Insta: @steven.d.spicer / www.stephenspicer.blogspot.com / www.stephenspicer.com)
- Day 12 (23-Apr-2020): ‘Nothing’ by Andy Flannagan (www.youtube.com/user/andyflannaganmusic/ / www.muddypearl.com/authors/andy-flannagan-politics/ www.christiansinpolitics.org.uk/ / Album)
- Day 13 (24-Apr-2020): ‘Gently Whispered Hope‘ by Wayne Cullum (www.instagram.com/waynecullumart/)
- Day 14 (25-Apr-2020): ‘OK Together‘ by Cheryl Mills
- Day 15 (26-Apr-2020): ‘Not Ok. Where Does My Help Come From?’ by Dani Godden (www.danigoddenartist.com / www.facebook.com/danigoddenartist / www.instagram.com/danigoddenartist)
- Day 16 (27-Apr-2020): ‘Every Cinderella‘ by Mike Sherburn
- Day 17 (28-Apr-2020): ‘Sweet Names‘ Arranged by Hannah Land (2020), Words by John Newton (1779), Tune by Thomas Hastings (1837).
- Day 18 (28-Apr-2020): ‘Boundless Grace‘ by Kate Bosman
- Day 19 (30-Apr-2020): ‘True North‘ by Tim Hewitt (www.peoplenotprojects.com)
- Day 20 (01-May-2020): ‘Journey to Freedom‘ by Ginnell Bowden
- Day 21 (02-May-2020): ‘Pilgrim’s Catch‘ by Katie Duxbury (www.duxburydesigns.co.uk / www.facebook.com/duxburycostume)
- Day 22 (03-May-2020): ‘Fish (St Peter’s Shanty)‘ by Jimmy Orr (JimmyOrr.co.uk)
- Day 23 (04-May-2020): ‘Spirit and Truth‘ by Roberta Mathieson (www.facebook.com/Ruach.art.uk / www.facebook.com/Ruach-Art-Uk-568440086543495/)
- Day 24 (05-May-2020): ‘Truth Unstrung‘ by Naomi Welch (www.facebook.com/Naomi-Welch-Artist-388693314567107/)
- Day 25 (06-May-2020): ‘Relinquished Assurance‘ by Gemma Dunning (Twitter @gemmadunning / Insta @e11rev)
- Day 26 (07-May-2020): ‘Refuge‘ by Steff Wright (www.facebook.com/steff.wright.98)
- Day 27 (08-May-2020): ‘Silence 2.0‘ by Richard Coan (https://youtu.be/eDbIhmVnvPI / https://www.facebook.com/richardcoanmusic/)
- Day 28 (09-May-2020): ‘Sing a New Song‘ by Fiona Spicer
- Day 29 (10-May-2020):
- Day 30 (11-May-2020): ‘Green Shelter‘ by Nick Walters (www.instagram.com/kookybunkering / https://sites.google.com/site/kookybunkering/home)
- Day 31 (12-May-2020): ‘Protection‘ by Andy Campbell (https://qawah.co.uk/ / https://twitter.com/4gone_Confusion / https://www.facebook.com/postordinandy)
- Day 32 (13-May-2020): ‘Open Vulnerability‘ by Kathryn Orr (Twitter @RevdMrsOrr)
- Day 33 (14-May-2020): ‘Emerging (Ludwell Valley Park)‘ by Clare Bryden (https://clarebryden.co.uk/ / https://www.instagram.com/clarebrydenartist/)
- Day 34 (15-May-2020): ‘But What Will Emerge‘ by James Bragg (https://www.instagram.com/hyperdust7/)
- Day 35 (16-May-2020): ‘Raw‘ by Amee (MJ) Amïr (https://www.facebook.com/mj.amir.5)
- Day 36 (17-May-2020): ‘In‘ by Paul Hicks
- Day 37 (18-May-2020): ‘One Day I Will Fly (and The dawn Chorus in a Garden in Accra)‘ by Jane Abraham
- Day 38 (19-May-2020): ‘Sophie’s Choice in the Anthropocene‘ by Vicky Tyrrell (@TalKootArts / www.facebook.com/vickytalkoot/)
- Day 39 (20-May-2020): ‘Eden Uprising‘ by Jo Howie (www.susannawesleyhouse.co.uk)
- Day 40 (21-May-2020): ‘The Painted Drum‘ by Jane Deakin (www.bridgemanimages.com)
- Day 41 (22-May-2020): ‘Life’s Drum Skin‘ by Rich Blake-Lobb (www.thebrokenchurch.net / @abrokenpastor)
- Day 42 (23-May-2020): ‘Be Patterns, Be Examples…‘ by Jane Roberts (www.facebook.com/Jane-Roberts-Arts-101314491592590/)
- Day 43 (24-May-2020): ‘Black and White (and Grey)‘ by Jeff Dunn-Rankin (www.facebook.com/jeff.dunnrankin)
- Day 44 (25-May-2020): ‘Skin‘ by Judith Hicks
- Day 45 (26-May-2020): ‘Serpentine Labyrinth‘ by Pippa King (Insta @philippa.king)
- Day 46 (27-May-2020): ‘To Emmaus‘ by Martin Hatfield (www.twitter.com/hairyhatfield)
- Day 47 (28-May-2020): ‘The Carpenter at Work‘ by Vanessa Kirby (@beneaththepalebluesky)
- Day 48 (29-May-2020): ‘Prayerful Possibilities’ by Rachel Spence (www.facebook.com/Play-and-Pray-103554568042823/)
- Day 49 (30-May-2020) ‘Untitled’ by Samantha Lacey (https://samanthalaceyvisualarts.co.uk/)
- Day 50 (31-May-2020): ‘A Poem and Blessing for Creative Days‘ by Rebecca Parnaby-Rooke (www.deconstructingchurch.com / Facebook @dechurching / Twitter @dechurching).
> The Rules
- At approximately 7pm each day a new creation was posted here and on the broken church facebook page and twitter.
- Someone (pre arranged) will had about 24 hours to produce a response to the previous day’s creation.
- The response was be produced and received by the broken church by about 6pm the following day, uploaded here ready for the next person.
- All creations had to be free of vulgar imagery and words (challenging our thinking is good, pushing boundaries is fine, but aim for family friendly*).
Creations could take the form of a sketch, painting, song, short film**, story, poem, photograph, knitting, dance, piece of music, crochet or just about anything. Many were produced by a established artists, others an informal crafter. They are all the creators own work with permission to publish.
*The Broken Pastor had the final say and would not publish anything he wouldn’t want his kids to see.
**Any film or video will need to be hosted elsewhere (e.g. YouTube) and a link provided.
Disclaimer: Links to websites, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. are made available when provided by the creator. These other sites are not under the control of the Broken Church. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.