Advent is a season of waiting. A season of preparation. A season to be inspired.
24 diverse voices have been invited to share some thoughts on one of four themes (Hope, Peace, Joy and Love) each day of during the season of Advent. Each contributor has been given just one theme and no further parameters – they may write as much or as little in the style of their own choosing.
Each author brings their own theology and ideas and this is an opportunity to be inspired by a diverse range of voices as we wait and prepare.
Sign up for reflections direct to your inbox from 1st December.*
The list of guest authors for this advent season is in the process of being finalised. The final list will be equally representative of men and women from a range of backgrounds and theologies. Authors will include;
- Tony Ashley (Minister, Stoke Newington Baptist Church)
- Wendy Bray (Associate Priest, All Saints Clifton; Author)
- Molly Boot (Ministry Intern, St Matthew’s Bethnal Green; Trustee, Greenbelt Festival)
- Ashley Cooper (Principal, Cliff College, Derbyshire)
- Karen Golder (Baptist Minister; Co-Founder of Breathe Communities, Penzance)
- Mike Sherburn (Minister, Watchet Baptist Church)
- Alexandra Ellish (Minister, Amott Road Baptist Church; Training and Networking Coordinator, Urban Expression
- Glen Graham (Minister, Cullompton Baptist Church; Chair, Churches for All)
- Nathan L. McGuire (Associate Minister, Streatham Baptist Church)
- Lucy Wright (Minister, Eltham Park Baptist Church)
- Hayley Young (Regional Minister, South Wales Baptist Association)
- Luci Counago, Minister, Harlington Baptist Church)
- Patch Davies (Minister, 57 West; Co-founder of Wild & Holy)
- Chris Duffett (Founder The Light College & Collective, Artist)
- Sonia Grandison (Legal Secretary; Leadership Team, Women’s Discipleship Ministries; Church Leader, Chrisma)
- Jack Shepherd (Missional Priest, Up Holland and Dalton)
- Dawn Cole-Savidge (Communities Minister, Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church; Leadership of Affirm)
- Geoff Colmer (Regional Minister / Team Leader, Central Baptist Association; President Elect BUGB)
- Deborah Fielding (Writer; Designer & Maker, With Narrative)
- Dave Griffiths (Children & Families Minister, Parish of Winton, Moordown and Charminster; Musician)
- Hetty Lalleman (Author; Senior Research Fellow, Spurgeon’s College)
- Steve Tinning (Minister, Leigh Road Baptist Church; Baptist Union’s Public Issues Enabler, JPIT)
Each daily reflection will appear here throughout the advent season or sign up to receive them into direct to your inbox.
- HopeWritten by Wendy Bray This post first appeared in All Saints, Clifton News 2020, used with permission of the author. This morning I planted my tulip bulbs. I lovingly pushed them deep into the compost in three layers in enormous pots. Covered as they are with a layer of gravel for drainage on top, it’s … Continue reading Hope
- Hope InkWritten by Mike Sherburn Hope deferred is disease.Fleas, biting on the flesh of the future.For there’s nothing neutral about hope.Hope is so many things.A coping mechanism, a promise,The longed-for light and the end of the tunnel.A funnel through which fresh water of renewaland justice might flow.To say no to hope is to drop the bruised … Continue reading Hope Ink
*After 24th December 2020 you will continue to receive the latest blog posts from thebrokenchurch.net, you can unsubscribe at any time following the link at the end of your email.